Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hump Day Dinner

Last night for dinner Chris made us chicken lettuce wraps. Usually we use turkey but ground chicken was on sale over the weekend so Chris was being thrifty. Chris cooked the ground chicken in a non-stick pan then seasoned with Chinease Five Spice, plum sauce, and hosin sauce. A brocolli cole slaw is then stir fried into the mix until tender. There are a few options for the acutal "wrap" part like nappa cabbage or plain iceburg lettuce. We use iceburg because it is cheaper and we can potentially use it with other food. I had two lettuce wraps then added a bit of extra meat on the side. I also like to add some spicy Vietnamese hot sauce on the top too. I like it HOT.


Would you believe that we spent $900 on groceries last month? We are now making an effort to watch it at the store and make sure we are not wasting food. Both of us take our lunch to work at least 4 days a week so that does account for some of the cost. When you think about it $900 is a ton of money to spend on food for two people.....

I got some bad info from my friend and I missed the body building show on E!. I just caught the tail end of it. Hopefully a re-run will be on again soon. The two of us are going to a body building and fitness show next Saturday. Ana was able to score us 3rd row center seats, she has struck up a friendship with a woman who works there. Should be interesting, I will take some pics and post them.

I finished the night up with some new "standing" leg stretches and got to sleep at about 9:30pm.

0 comments: