Monday, August 17, 2009

A Slow-Go Monday

Waking up this morning was tough, I stayed up way to late watching reality TV last night! Chris actually rose before me at 5am and I snoozed till 5:15am. I went downstairs and went straight for my new go-to pre-run snack, a 1/3 of a bagel and light whipped cream cheese. It has been helping with my durring and after run digestion problems. Enough said.

Monday is "hills" training around the Allen Parkway Bayou. I decided to run to base camp to get in a good warm up. I was feeling very tight in my hamstrings and sore in the general pelvis area. I have been faithfully doing stretches in the PM and doing my epsom salt baths and I can't wait to see some faster results. My usual running mate Ana was not there (???) so I did the hills alone with my bestie buddie, the ipod. Lots of people were passing me by but I decieded to keep to my slow and steady pace. The group did 3o mins of hills after about a 20 min warm up. We are constantly being reminded that the most important part of the workout is the warm up. We finished up with stretches and abs then I was off to run back home. Really it was more like walk home. I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my Garmin. It is showing my pace in a strange way. I can't figure it out and it is driving me NUTS!

After my workout I decieded to really "up" my protien by having two eggs and a few blueberrys + water of course.

When I got to work my computer crashed, what a way to start a Monday........

Snack today was Greek Yogurt Fage 2% with rasberrys and blueberrys + some agave nectar.

Lunch will be leftovers from last nights dinner, pork tenderloin (with a mustard sauce), brocolli, and 1/2 of a sweet potatoe. I am going to try and not eat all the potatoe, I don't need the startch. Yesterday I loaded up.

No PT tonight, Yippee!! I will be stretching OF COURSE.

0 comments: